PeaceBuilders is a science-based, research-validated violence prevention curriculum and professional development program for grades pre-K to 12. Its essence is a common language - six principles, taught, modeled and practiced. These same principles set behavioral expectations, reduce aggression, and transform the climate and culture of any environment to one which is cooperative, productive, and academically successful.
The Six Principles are:
SPANGLER SPARTANS PLEDGE
INCREASE THE PEACE at home, at school and in their community each day.
At Spangler, our Intermediate PeaceBuilders (grades 4-6) are trained to be leaders and role-models at school and in their community. They explore the PeaceBuilders Principles from a leadership perspective and enjoy hands on practice to put those principles into action in the form of activities they can recreate with our primary Spangler students. They are our Peace Coaches and they have pledged to increase the peace at Spangler.
Our Peace Coach Goals are:
- Reinforce PeaceBuilders Principles
- Build unity and increase the peace at school
- Help others get along
- Help others learn about personal responsibility
- Help others feel comfortable and safe at school
- Provide strategies that help Peace Coaches and others deal with conflicts
- Develop leadership skills